For 2010, the most popular posts on my blog were…
- Stones – Plain or painted they still remain a popular resource.
- Willow Structures in School Grounds – If your climate allows you to grow willow then this versatile plant is a massive “must” for any playspace.
- Outdoor Play at Cowgate Under 5’s Centre – An inspirational pre-school centre in the heart of Edinburgh. I’m currently writing a case study about their integration of Forest School into their routines.
- A Curriculum for Excellence Through Outdoor Learning – This document makes me proud to be part of the education system in Scotland. We value outdoor play and learning.
- Outdoor Sandpits – ROAR! This post digs deep into the issues around sand play.
- Reading Books Outdoors – General advice about getting books outside as well as children!
- Ode to Toilet Tubes – This post is almost 2 year old and is still getting a high number of hits. (Sorry – no photo for this one)
- Tyres – One of my favourite items that can be re-used again, and again, and again in many different ways.
- The Fibonacci Sequence and Nature – I want to do many more mathematical posts. It’s an untapped area of beauty.
- Christmas Outdoor Activities – Another post that is over a year old and still going strong.
So what will 2011 bring? As yet, who knows! Watch this space.