TGI Friday Forest School

29 January 2010 · 9 comments

in General Commentary

Now that I’m getting the hang of embedding videos into this blog (one giant leap forward in my advancement into the Digital Age) I thought I’d start posting some of the interesting ones I’m finding relating to outdoor learning. This one is quite a good introduction to Forest Schools and what they are all about.

But as it’s the end of a long, busy week, perhaps you’d like a more light hearted look at a Forest School. Your homework for the weekend is to look for similarities between the two videos!

Teacher Tom January 30, 2010 at 16:44

Watching these two videos reminds me of a quote I discovered recently:

“The very existence of youth is due in part to the necessity for play; the animal does not play because he is young, he has a period of youth because he must play.” –Karl Groos

I hope I get a passing grade on my weekend homework!

CreativeSTAR January 30, 2010 at 21:27

Hi Tom

What an apt comment! I’m sure you’ll pass your assignment with flying colours.

progressiveearlychildhoodeducation February 2, 2010 at 00:36

What a worthwhile and inspiring program – I’d love them to come over here and do the same 🙂 Thanks for sharing the video’s Juliet, I’m always on the lookout for more about Forest Preschools / Schools.

CreativeSTAR February 3, 2010 at 20:47

If you have the time, the Scottish Forest Education Initiative have a Scottish Leaders Handbook that be freely downloaded from the following weblink. It comes in several sections and there’s a pre-school chapter.

逛街 February 5, 2010 at 08:22

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

CreativeSTAR February 5, 2010 at 09:15

My Chinese translator tell me you have said,

“You can pass through a piece of sea, but forgets its blue?”

This is another apt comment. Thanks for sharing.

这是另一易于备注。 感谢共享。

fleur February 5, 2010 at 16:05

Hey thanks for the comment on my blog. My course was BRILLIANT after just one day Ive got so many ideas to take back, plus now I have a new resource sight here.
Im looking forward to Monday now Ive got so much to tell the others about.
Ill be back for sure 🙂

CreativeSTAR February 6, 2010 at 22:03

Hi Fleur

You’re welcome – outdoor learning courses are usually fantastic – OK I’m biased but usually it’s a great mix of activities with a little theory thrown in for good measure.

Enjoy going outside with the children!

Best wishes