If you live in the Northern Hemisphere you may have noticed that the leaves are beginning to fall. Autumn is almost here. Below is a list of blog posts which celebrate the loveliness of leaves in so many curriculum areas. Read on and enjoy.
1) Black Spot Pirate Maths is all about number bonds. Ideal for children learning about addition.
2) Exploding Leaves – a natural alternative to firework pictures. Explode leaves instead. Artwork that focuses on pattern and shape.
3) 20 Something Maths Pictures – With a little tweaking, this post can be easily adapted for use with leaves. Good for children learning to count items up to 20 and work as a group.
4) Algebraic Equations – Can a leaf be substituted for a number?
5) Developing Thinking Skills with Leaves – Some provocations to encourage discussions with your children
6) A Leafy Tower of Hanoi – A classic challenge, but using leaves rather than blocks
7) Leaf Loving Literacy Activities – A series of literacy activities using leaves. A good example of one of my workshops
8) Leaf Logic – A lovely little shape problem solver for all ages
9) Death, Decay and New Life – Looking at the life cycle of a plant through leaves
10) Nature Detectives – How to write secret messages on leaves.