Welcome to the Creative STAR website – the digital gateway to the real world
Inside these pages are lots of practical ideas and information about learning and playing outdoors.
Clink on the links on the RH column. The search button is handy too!
Training dates – open courses and conferences
“Juliet Robertson’s sessions were truly outstanding. Some of the best training I have ever been on. It is also extremely helpful to have access to so many of her resources following the course.” Course participant, East Ayrshire, March 2016
Here are some of the open events I am training or presenting at:
- Early Arts webinar, 15th June
- Outdoor Maths in the Early Years, YPO 29th June, Wakefield
- Outdoor Learning – Perfect your Practice, YPO 30th June, Wakefield
- A Journey Towards Excellence: Learning the Lessons from Scandinavia 18th & 19th July 2016
- Education Iceland conference, 23-28th October, Iceland
- Outdoor Play from Scratch YPO 24th November, Wakefield
- Outdoor Literacy in the Early Years, YPO 25th November, Wakefield
Australia & NZ Pedagogy in Nature Conferences – WILD MATHS
In August and September 2016, I will be working with Inspired EC and touring Australia. The conference theme is “Wild Maths” and focusing on the mathematical opportunities that arise through nature-based practice.
- Auckland – 30th July 2016
- Sydney – 6th August 2016
- Hobart – 13th August 2016
- Newcastle – 20th August 2016
- Brisbane – 27th August 2016
- Canberra – 3rd September 2016
- Melbourne – 10th September 2016
- Perth – 17th September 2016
- Adelaide – 24th September 2016
“Thank you for an absolutely amazing day. It exceeded all expectations and was just what we needed, both in terms of motivational ideas and fun. I have already accessed some of the materials and am beginning to put some thoughts together for an action plan. Everyone is eager to put ideas into practice and I’m sure the seeds you have sown will flourish. Thank you so much for your enthusiasm, knowledge and passion for the outdoors. It really was infectious.” Head Teacher, Malvern Way Infant & Nursery School, Croxley Green
Come in, have a browse and return another day – Any questions, just ask…
“During the courses I enjoyed getting practical ideas to use and found the blog useful to check at home. I’ve begun trying out ideas and have increased confidence to get outdoors. I’ve already been out more this year so far than in the whole of last year!” Class Teacher, Mile End School, Aberdeen
“Thank you so much for your input into the Teacher’s Conference yesterday. Your keynote speech was absolutely perfect and set the scene perfectly for the day. I have received lots of feedback from delegates in terms of how inspiring they found it and this was echoed by our Chief Executive, Trevor Beattie. Your workshop sessions were also brilliant with participants scoring you very highly on their evaluations in terms of both how useful and how enjoyable they found it. Thank you very much for agreeing to support the conference, it was a pleasure to meet you and I was definitely inspired!” Amanda Elmes, Learning, Outreach and Volunteer Lead, South Downs National Park Authority, April 2016.